Many acts in the United States constitute a crime, and speaking generally, a crime may be an act that violates..
Monthly Archives: May 2019
Legal Business News
Our mission is to provide you with the knowledge that you should know about our legal system. The law impacts how many people act and react in different situations; our knowledge will educate and prepare you for potential legal and business situations that may arise. You’ll find that our site provides you with valuable information about the law.
- Talc Trial Attorney Under The Microscope, Federal Judiciary Launches Workplace Initiative, Feds Target Snowden Memoir: The Morning Minute
Here's the news you need to start your day. [...]
- Compliance Hot Spots: How DOJs Evaluating Compliance Programs | An Apology from Jones Day | Treasury Retreats in Russian Oligarch Case | All the New Moves | Who Got the Work
DOJ's Matt Miner has some new thoughts on how prosecutors are evaluating compliance programs. Plus: did you see the mea culpa from Jones Day for [...]
- Three Lawyers Appointed to Lead Ethiopian Airlines Crash Lawsuits Against Boeing
Bob Clifford of Clifford Law Offices was appointed lead counsel in nearly 100 cases brought over the Ethiopian Airlines crash that led Boeing to groun [...]
- CFPB, Changing Stance, Backs Law Firm Fighting Agencys Independent Design
The U.S. Justice Department is backing a California law firm challenging a Ninth Circuit ruling that upheld the constitutionality of the Consumer Fina [...]
- J&J Attorney Whose Closing Argument Was Struck Is Calculating, Strategic, Lawyers Say
Lawyers who have worked with Weil Gotshal partner Diane Sullivan said she does not do anything unethical. But plaintiffs lawyers, and a few judges, ha [...]