The majority of people who go to work have a singular goal: to earn enough money so that their families can live a comfortable life. From a nice house to live in to a safe car to drive to food on the table for every meal, those are the necessities. Some people barely make enough money at their jobs to achieve the bare minimum; others earn so much money in their lifetimes that there are not enough homes, cars, and food in the world to buy.
Whether you are scrapping the bottom to make ends meet or you are enjoying a salary so high that you are living the best life imaginable, the job itself is important. What do you do then when that job comes to an end because you have been injured while you were at work? Workplace injuries can bring your entire life to a screeching halt. They can cause you to no longer be able to earn an income. They can cause you to lose your home. They can cause you to send your children to bed hungry at night.
Fortunately, there are many experienced personal injury law firms that can help you understand the options that are available.
Are You Looking for a Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury attorneys offer a number of ways to make sure that you understand the options you have after workplace injuries or motor vehicle accidents. Although you may think that you know the challenges you will face in the future, the reality is that the implications of a personal injury accident are often much larger than you expect.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the various kinds of situations that can lead to a personal injury accident that can turn your life upside down:
- More than 37,000 U.S. residents die in road crashes a year, according to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT). Many of these deaths are the result of someone else’s carelessness.
- Although the percentage of drivers using handheld cell phones or other electronic devices decreased from 3.8% in 2015 to 3.3% in 2016, distracted driving is still the cause of many personal injury accidents.
- More than 50% of all road traffic deaths globally occur among young adults between the ages of 15 and 44.
- 32,166 was the number of fatal motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in the year 2015.
- Nearly 1.1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics in 2015.
- Often with the help of the attorney, as many as 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial.
The decision to seek the help of a personal injury attorney can help you make sure that your future will include a comfortable house, a safe car to drive, and a table full of healthy food for your family. From workplace injuries to car accidents, there are a number of losses that victims experience. Talking to an experienced attorney, however, can help you see a road to healing and recovery.